webmaster

Monday 22 March 2010

Insurance for car hire passengers

I rented a car in France a couple of weeks ago and car hire company's margins are normally very tight so they have to try and sell any add ons.

Quite often you will be asked if you want to upgrade. Once I was asked if I would like to upgrade to a convertible Mini. Sounded interesting, however it was the middle of winter and there would not have been much sun about.

Normally they want to sell you you car hire excess insurance and as I rent several times a year have an annual car hire Europe Family and Partners from insurance4carhire.com (details at http://www.insurance4carhire.com/index.asp?linkfrom=4&curID=1&langID=1&refID=188 )

I normally say I don't want any excess insurance and my credit card details are taken and that is the end of the matter.

This time the representative asked me if I wanted insurance for my passengers. Thinking this was just another "add on" I declined.

I have since tried to find out if this is something new or what excactly it is? One proffesional replied "Personally, I’ve not come across this before, but it sounds more like a P.A cover, personal accident is usually covered on most travellers insurances policies so I’d be wary of taking out such policies."

If any one does know please can he / she reply on this blog?

No comments: