With the Christmas holiday season only days away, the The British Vehicle Rental and Leasing Association (BVRLA), the trade body for the UK car rental industry, is again warning customers to take extra care when confronted with cheap deals for Christmas car hire on the Internet or in the press.
In their press release issued on the 13th December they advised: Festive season travellers were caught out by bogus car hire companies this time last year, handing over deposits of hundreds of pounds for cars that never materialised.
The BVRLA believes that similar scams are being planned this year and has already made contact with Police and Trading Standards over one potential threat.
“These companies offer unbeatable prices and free delivery – but they really are too good to be true,” says BVRLA chief executive, John Lewis.
“Unfortunately it is very easy for fraudsters to build a simple website and set up a call centre to pass themselves off as legitimate businesses.
These sham operators are damaging the reputation of car rental and many other industries. We are working with the authorities to help stamp them out.”
In the meantime, the BVRLA is offering five simple tips for customers looking for safe and hassle-free car or van rental:
1. Only use a BVRLA member. Seeing our logo on the front desk or website is a sign that you are dealing with a reputable company that has been vetted and operates to a professional code of conduct. You will also be able to use our conciliation service in the event of any dispute. Find a BVRLA member via the ‘member locator’ on the BVRLA website
2. Never hand over cash. Most reputable rental companies will only want to accept credit/debit card payment
3. Make sure the company is operating from a bona fide commercial premises, not a PO Box or virtual office, no matter how prestigious the location sounds
4. Make sure the company actually owns and operates the cars it is offering - all BVRLA members operate their own rental fleet.
5. Remember, if the price or service being offered seems too good to be true, it probably is and you may well end up out of pocket and disappointed!
Looking for car hire for that Christmas holiday trip? or January holiday?
Click on the image below to find out information abot Holiday Autos - Economy Car Hire and Carrental.co.uk
the Anything for Hire business directory does exactly what it says on the tin. If there’s a demand for a product, service or talent, you’ll find it listed on our site. From tool hire companies, marquee hire, stretch limousine hire operators to skip hire, tuxedo suit hire shops, decor & chair cover hire, comedians to website hire.. the list just goes on and on.
If you need in case of crisis Car Rental Toronto available at any time to switch from airport to house or office, you can call our service to get immediate toronto car rental as we are providing 24 hours on the web support.
Post a Comment