They tell me that "our Policies give you peace of mind by covering the excess on damage and theft, as well as damage to windows, tyres, the undercarriage and the roof for any one rental vehicle. We have also negotiated a number of cover enhancements. The Annual Excess Policy now covers:
- All drivers between the ages of 21 and 85, so there is no need to purchase a separate policy.
- Towing costs relating to damage or mechanical breakdown.
- The costs incurred as a result of misfueling up to a maximum of £500 per incident and up to a maximum of £2,000 in any one period of insurance (unlike many of our competitors).
- Includes in-Country Rentals - this means there is no longer a 150kms
restriction from where you live. Particularly useful if you are a member of a
- Just Text HELP Emergency assistance
If you have an emergency abroad, text "HELP" and the country you are in to Call UMA and you will get a call back from a multilingual assistant who will advise you, and if necessary speak the local language for you. This service operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week. You should receive the call back within five minutes of your text being received. You just pay your standard network rate and/or your network provider's roaming charge for the text message and call back. This service can be used for any of the following:
- Emergency assistance abroad (police, ambulance, fire, hospitals) with language interpretation
- Victims of crime abroad (assistance dealing with police etc) with language interpretation
- Assistance dealing with lost/stolen passports or credit cards
- Any car hire related emergency
We have increased the amount we will reimburse you for the excess or repair costs up to a maximum of £4,000 (double our previous cover) any one incident and up to a maximum of £5,000 (this was previously £3,000) during any one period of insurance.
- If your country of residence is outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
- For losses caused by accidental damage to the interior or contents of the Rental Vehicle.
- If the Rental Vehicle is a motor home, camper van, trailer or caravan, commercial vehicle or truck, motorcycle, moped, motorbike, off-road vehicle, recreational vehicle, passenger van or other vehicle with more than 9 seats.
- Where damage is the result of driving whilst on an un-made up road.
We will not reimburse your excess or any financial loss or expense in the following circumstances:
If you are buying the UK and Europe Multi-trip annual car hire excess insurance from insurance4carhire you will see it costs £39.99, however you can save some money if you buy through a dedicated link on the jml Insurance / insurance4carrrental / jml holiday home sites it only costs £38.00 for the year. Instead of going to the jml sites you can short cut the process here
They also offer Daily Car Hire Excess policies - Van Hire Excess policies - Lifestyle Excess policies
Post a Comment